Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Homemade Croutons

Croutons - what a wonderful French invention!!! I love them in salads, soups and just by themselves as a snack! Here's a quick, cheap, and easy way to make your own!


I started with bread from Walmart's day-old bread rack.
This Italian loaf was marked down to $.90.
I took about 1/4 of the loaf and sliced it lengthwise using an electric knife.
I then took the strips of bread and tore them into small pieces.

Next take about 1/4 cup of cooking oil, (I used canola) and sprinkle in spices!
Pour over bread pieces and toss to coat.


 I toasted them in our toaster oven on 350 degreees
for about 15 mintues or until brown and crunchy.

We ate them in Chicken Noodle Soup and it added flavor and that crouton crunch that I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment